Wednesday, October 13, 2010

momma said there'd be days like this...

8:30 AM - Discover that I didn’t even hear my first round of alarms to wake up. Realize quickly that I have to leave the house in ten minutes, I smell, and I am starving. I also discover that we will be down two staff at work, which always makes the day hectic. Great.

8:42 AM - I am mildly amazed that not only did I leave the house relatively on time, but I am also dressed appropriately for the weather. Sing along to “Machine Gun” by Sara Bareilles in the car in order to try to pump myself up for work. Not looking forward to getting reamed out for a complete misunderstanding from last night.

8:43 AM - I am nearly killed by a school bus that runs a stop sign. Sing something like “I’m well versed in how I might be cursed, I - SHIT!! AAAUGH!”  Fucking wonderful. How apropos. Have a sinking feeling that this day may turn out to be a bust.

8:54 AM - Ooh, prime parking at the office. Word. Pretend to be texting in the elevator so as to avoid eye contact with the smelly guy in the elevator. Worry that maybe I smell that bad too. I certainly hope not.

9:02 AM - First client walks in just as I receive the first phone call of the day. His paperwork is nowhere to be found, I end up calling one of the attorneys and asking where it was. It was not ready yet, but thankfully the client is understanding. Person on the phone is inquiring about his case but just retained yesterday. He is furious we JUST opened his matter and began working on it. Apparently we are not fast enough for this man. Commence banging head on desk.

9:15 AM - First major problem client of the day. Screams at me in regards to a check her bank supposedly sent us and mailed to us. We haven’t received it.

9:38 AM - Receive nasty-gram email from boss in regards to misunderstanding last night. Basically get yelled at for doing something she thinks I did. Sigh.

11:15 AM - First kind phone call I’ve received all day. Thank you Judge C.

11:20 AM - Problem client calls back. This time she screams at me AND our sister office about her check. She rants for a few minutes as I do everything I can to be nice and sweet and helpful (which only pisses her off more), only for her to discover it was an error on HER part that prevented us from receiving said check (she put in the wrong address) and ends the conversation with “well I was still treated rudely!” …so was I. who shall i complain to?

11:40 AM - Receive video text from my mother with clips of the Hogwarts Choir singing at the Harry Potter amusement park in Orlando, along with pictures of the castle. So jealous.

12:10 PM - Still haven’t gone to lunch. Phones are ringing off the hook. don’t even know what I want to eat.

…maybe my afternoon will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment